Journal Entry Week 1

This week was all about planning. I’m at a point in like where I barely have spare time. It sometimes weighs on me, but I always manage to push through it. After a tough time registering for classes, I managed to come up with a decent schedule for my internship.  My supervisor was very pleased that I took the initiative to make one prior to starting. I just hope I am able to show all of my skills as well as improve upon them and learn new things.

My main focus prior to beginning this internship is for it not to end up like my internships in the past.
My first internship was an unfortunate situation which I was being used more than helped. There was no balance between roles due to the fact that it was a small company and it was very unorganized. My second internship resulted I’m me being let go due to my scheduling. I just could not see myself dedicating more than 12 hours to an internship that was unpaid and barely had any task for me to do. While short lived, I did enjoy it and wish the results were better.

Maybe the third time is a charm. I hope to gain a lot of skills, network, and gain a valid recommendation.

– O’Nysha Thomas

One thought on “Journal Entry Week 1

1. Joel Mason

Generally, you write quite clearly. Before posting, proofread your copy carefully to catch any minor errors or awkward expressions. For example this sentence “My second internship resulted I’m me being let go due…” has a typo.

Sincerely,

Professor Mason