Humberto MV journal entry #10

I am still continuing the saint Patricks  video editing. Now that I have chosen the clips I need. The art director, well he’s mostly everything, creative director, art director, senior designer because he’s the only designer there since it’s a 4 man start up. He gave me the music track on which I will put all the clips and match the overarching story of the video with the audio to synchronize it and make it look good. As well as add any color correction, brightness and contrast balance etc. hopefully after everything is put together I can add some motion graphics to make it even more appealing. The song being used is called beautiful day by U2 I’ve never heard of the song, but I guess it goes with the clips I have chosen. The video shows everyone is having the best day of their lives even though they are drunk, but they are enjoying themselves with their friends. They have no care in the world, every problem they have goes away just for those instances. I feel it embodies some of what the song is about just by the title.

I have also been tasked to create the logo for their new series they are creating called “brand building”. The series is about as the CEO explained it is sort of the ted talks but for how to build a brand and how to make it recognizable. The videos would be about 5 min along or depending on the topic of that video. The ideas I chose where sort of construction equipment, more specifically a crane. I felt that it signifies building and lifting something both literally and metaphorically from the ground up. Overall it has been a productive couple of weeks. I’m not sure if I can show what I’ve been working on yet I will ask next time I go.