Journal 8th Entry – Mohamad

This week I had to continue the rest of the reports for the 2014-2015 year, so I arrived to work early before my supervisor, and started to work on it. At around 1 pm, my supervisor Ron came and told me that we have a meeting with the director at 2 pm. At first I was confused because since I started the internship here I never met or saw the director, so I was excited to meet her. I have to mention that I never had any meeting here before, my work and tasks came straight from the supervisor to me. So at 1:50 pm, my supervisor came to me with a notepad in his hand and asked me to take my notepad too for the meeting. Ron preferred that we go up the stairs instead of the elevator and I agreed. That building is so huge from the inside that you have three lanes of stairs! I never expected it to be that big especially that from the outside it looks like a normal small building. We arrived to the director office but she wasn’t there so we waited her for a couple of minutes till she came back. At this time Ron and I were chatting a little bit about housing rules and regulations. I had a couple a questions that he answered in a precise and understandable way, I can’t forget the sentence he told me then, “In NYC housing rules are very strict, If we left owners to act the way they want, poor people will be affected, we can’t let that happen.” So at this time the director came, she was the sweetest person ever, she gave me a new design project to do which is the Property Registration flyer. I got so excited for that project especially that I haven’t had any design work to do for the past couple of weeks.