Humberto MV (Journal entry 4)

The first two interviews went very well. They were not what I was looking for. The first one was a small company called private party island sells cheap party items such as hats, new years glasses etc. they would have me do new designs for their hat collections. The designs would consist of trending this such as the marijuana leaf, common memes used in social medias. I would also retouch the photos of their products and models wearing the products. The environment there is very messy, unprofessional and it just smelled like cigarettes. It was a two-man team but both would just smoke inside. This was definitely not a place I wanted to intern in. the second one was way better. It was a New York based company for men’s shaving products. It was more organized; they would have me do their photo retouches for their products and marketing design for both print and web. They would also have me doing their advertising and illustrations. The only catch is that they want a 25-hour commitment and unfortunately I can’t do those hours. I had to decline the internship because of it. Hopefully the one next week works out better for me