Journal Entry # 3 Omkar Singh

So working at the airport has it benefits, but it also has its drawbacks. being able to skip security lines and discounts on airfares are some good things but the one and only draw back i have with them is the time restraints.  Snowstorms have been hitting NYC for the last 2 weeks and because of them i have been working 7 days a week. i haven’t been able to find an internship that fits what I’m looking for. I have found one at a local print shop that does promotional pieces for a lot of the companies in the neighborhood. I think that with my demanding schedule at the airport this might be a good fit for now until the weather clears up and i go back to my regular schedule at the airport. The main objective of the print shop is, well, printing but they do a lot of promotional flyers and posters for stores, clubs and restaurants etc.

Because of the snow, i have not been able to start the print shop job yet but i am hoping to start soon.

One thought on “Journal Entry # 3 Omkar Singh

1. Joel Mason

Dear Omar,

Thanks for posting this entry. I can sense your frustration with the impact the bad weather is having on your life. A few comments on this post: remember to capitalize the word “I.” Also, quantities under 10 are generally spelled out. So it’s better to write “two” rather than “2.” You can check “Rules of Thumb” for guidelines about this.

Sincerely,

Professor Mason