Entry #3

The internship is getting busier and busier. Having to design the Tech Day @ City Tech poster and event program was quite the challenge–but a rewarding one. The program was especially challenging because of the large amount of copy I had to deal with in a constraint space. I was given a brief with the information needed for the brochure, and it was a lot; something like 5 Microsoft Word pages.

At first I was trying to figure out which format to go with. There were the options of having a trifold and bifold brochure, and I chose the latter one due to the need of needing extra horizontal space to work with. There were concurrent events and I had to figure out how to make it clear that those sections were going on at the same time in different rooms.

Prof Jordan helped me out so much. We sat and tweaked things for hours until we got a satisfying result. There was so many details that required special attention, such as the correct way of calling professors/doctors, the specific order certain information should appear, and the hierarchy to be used. After Draft #16, we were finally able to have a final version to send out to be printed. Since I work at Faculty Commons, I was able to have a color test print done in less than a day in the basement of the Atrium building. The colors came out great, so I sent out to print 100 copies of the program. That was my first print job done for the internship, and I was really happy with the results.