Journal #6 – Brian Rubio

This week we are preparing for another in store signing by Professional UFC fighter Dennis Burmudez. I will be taking care of the photography of this event, editing and social media. These events are usually pretty exciting. The crowds line up down the street just to meet and greet these guys and I have front row seats! Just one of the many benefits of working for the only fight shop in the east coast. My boss has a lot of faith in my work and supports what I do. Plus I save him tons of money in hiring a professional that will more then likely over charge. I do this because one, I love it and second, it involves my second passion (martial arts). At this job I feel like I’m basically working towards having my dream job which is to become art director within a martial arts based company. I know that upon expansion of this fairly young company the demand for the arts and all its forms will rise and I will be driving the bus. It has been chaos preparing and organizing this event but it will be well worth it. I have also gone the extra step in making myself some business cards in case outside media need shop photographs to be placed in articles. Plus, extra networking is always great.

One thought on “Journal #6 – Brian Rubio

1. Joel Mason

Dear Brian,
    It sounds like you’re interning in an exciting company. I think all your readers would like to see more descriptive accounts of what you do each week. Your writing is generally clear but some sentences can be improved. The following sentence “Plus I save him tons of money in hiring a professional that will more then likely over charge.” is a bit unclear. I’d suggest something like this: “Plus I save him tons of money because he doesn’t need to hire a high-priced professional.”

Sincerely,

Professor Mason