Journal Entry 6 – Latimel Rodriguez

This week coming in to my internship i was greeted by Al. I didn’t even have time to take off my jacket before we were out the door on this weeks project. Like the week prior we had a second photoshoot at the same location , Namm building 5th floor the radiology department . This time not with the students but with the chairman for the department . Her name escapes me right now but she was a very sweet and intelligent lady and very photogenic at that. Al tasked me with setting up the lighting equipment and unlike last weeks shoot i breezed through this time . The lighting equipment was set up in less then 5 minutes . Afterwards Al asked me to grab the snoot i described last week , which is basically a long tunnel material you wrap around the light to direct it towards the model direction. When in the snoot form it forms a halo behind the model . We were in her office and it seemed to fly by but we were in there for about an hour . Always tells his models , ” I’m not going to tell you to smile, but I want you to think of something funny.” They always end up smiling naturally . The model thought the pictures didn’t come out that well but al and myself knew they came out Amazing .
After the shoot in her office was done we ended up going to one of the classrooms to take picture in a secluded room with the radiology machine . Same room we photographed all the female students last week . This time al instructed me to open the snoot to have the light bounce around the room. Al also instructed to have a blue filter added to the flash to give it a medical look . All and all the if the pictures in the office looked amazing. The pictures in this small room came out fantastic. The pictures looked like they could have been in an ad . All and all again time flew by but When we looked at our watches , we’d spend 2 hours in total doing the shoot . Al and i packed everything up and told the chairman for the department that we’d be back tomorrow,Thursday, for the photoshoot featuring the male students for the department .
We get back to the studio and i immediately take out my laptop and get to finishing the events in invitation for Al . We print it out and make som corrections . Al also asks me to add an additional leaf to the inside bottom section of the invitation. The reason , there is one more company we need to feature . We also needed to change the inside typography from Trade Gothic to ITC franklin Gothic . Just to give it a little variation and hierarchy. The green that i was originally using was not the pantone color Al and myself originally picked out, so it had to be picked out . The last thing Al noticed was that the final was to big by about an inch on the length and the width. He also realized that it was done in illustrator. Now officially there is nothing wrong with preflight in illustrator but to really get a crisp preflight underway the final should really be produced in Indesign. Which wasn’t. problem for me .
The following day I call Al early and ask if he wants m to come in or go ahead and start working from home . Al is not ok with me working from home but he’s not against it either .Plus we were expecting to get at least 8″ of snow . Al gave me the green light , so i went ahead and finished the final at home . Which ended up being 100% times easier then Working from my laptop. Once the file was transferred over to indesign i saved it as a pdf with all the color bar and trim marks and s sent him a screenshot . We were finally in the final steps of production

One thought on “Journal Entry 6 – Latimel Rodriguez

1. Joel Mason

Dear Luigi,

I’m pleased to see how much detail you’re putting into each journal entry. As a result, your readers are getting a very good idea of what you do each week as an intern. A few pointers: keep working on using the past tense throughout each journal entry, be consistent about capitalizing words and pay attention to punctuation. (Feel free to bring hardcopy to my office for a more detailed critique.)