Journal entry #3

On Wednesday after my interview the class met, and I had already started working for Scott’s agency ArtWing NY. I believe this is the class’s 3rd official meeting, but this was the 1st for me. This professor is cool, those were my thoughts as I entered the room; I could not wait to share the news with him. Landed my first internship on my first try and it was all thanks to him. Professor Mason had everyone doing introductions and asked for us to speak about our current status, basically, if we had internships or not. So for me this was great it felt like the first day of class, I realized not everyone had secured an internship yet, so I felt pretty fortunate. When it was my turn, I said my first and last name, my major, expected graduation date; and about how Professor Mason gave me the lead for my current internship. I told everyone that I was interning for ArtWing NY. I went on to explain that it is a fashion photography agency, and I would be creating promotional pieces for the photographers represented by the ArtWing NY. Scott also asked my during the interview if I knew anyone that would be interested in an internship focused on the web design. So I passed on the message to those in the class that did not have an internship as yet. I also explained that I would be working remotely because the office is currently being renovated. So on the bright side I get to work from home without any supervision, but on the other hand I wanted to experience working in the office. If I were in the office I feel like there would be more opportunity to network and build relationships with the photographers.