Journal entry #2

In the first email I sent to Scott Buchheit, I introduced myself; explaining that I attend the New York City of Technology, and Professor Mason gave me your contact. Scott asked about my skills, so I described what I could do and then told him I can send over a PDF with some examples of my work. Scott then asked what day/s would I be available to work. After checking my schedule, Tuesday seemed like the best day to dedicate. Scott asks if I were free next Tuesday for an interview, of course, I agreed because securing an internship was number one on my list of priorities. Scott then explained that he is also producing a photo shoot, so we should meet at Bean and Bean on 8th Avenue since the shoot is in that area. There was no dress code for this interview, and I was told to bring whatever I wanted him to see. I prepared some of my best work and transferred the files to my IPad and brushed up on some basic HTML since he asked if I had any experience with the web design/coding. As Tuesday got closer I remembered Scott told me to confirm the interview, so wrote an email to confirm our meeting for tomorrow 1 pm at Bean and Bean coffee shop on 8th Avenue. Early Tuesday morning Scott sent an email changing the interview time from 1 pm to 3:30 pm that was fine. I made my way to the city to meet Scott at Bean and Bean; by the way, we never exchanged phone numbers. I arrived at the coffee shop with no idea of what Scott looked like or where he would be sitting, so I sent another email. Scott quickly replied and told me he was sitting closest to the door. I walked over; it looked as if Scott was finishing up another meeting. The interview was over in less than ten minutes he explained that I would be creating promotional pieces for his photographers. Scott hired me on the spot, but to honest the interview felt more casual meeting just to put a face to our names.