WL Blog #10

This week was a bit crowded. I finally finished working on my African American heritage month concept. I also created a old time map which is the concept that they originally wanted. I haven’t worked on that much, its just some color and a proof of concept really…but this other concept is wonderful and I hope they choose it. I spent the last 3 weeks doing research on the underwater sculptures, and putting my illustration skills to the test. This week we were assigned a few projects. One was redesigning the logo of an internal award at HRA the Commissioners Excellence Program. That is awarded to workers who excel and go beyond the call of duty. The original logo was messy and very busy. I sketched and wrote a lot for a day or two until I came up with the idea to create hands all reaching for the light of NYC, Lady Liberty’s torch. This is what all employees at HRA do. They help residents of NYC keep going, by directing them or helping them gain access to SNAP food stamps and other programs for families in need. Together we all help the city strive for that light, that drive to improve one’s self, or just the ability to survive a few months while times are harsh.