WL Blog #8

Today I was assigned some brochures to design. One of my supervisors forwarded the Microsoft word files with the body copy necessary. I had complete free reign over the design as long as I stick to the branding colors. The brochures are devised by the domestic violence department and they talk about that, and about tenant guidelines in apartments, especially landlord responsibilities; all information for people who were abused and need temporary housing away from home. I’ll see where I go with this design but in the meantime, I finished another assignment.

My co-intern Sean was tasked with redesigning a flyer about signing up for medical care. The “essential” flyer as we called it, was a 2 page document with information and icons. Our supervisor tasked Sean with redesigning the document, and he went one direction while I went in another direction. Our supervisor did not like either direction and told me to simply modify the original icons so they made more sense. She told us maybe the original design [with the final tweaks] was the best, and she should just stop obsessing over it. She said she only wanted to give the project leader different versions but in the end we settled on the default. That was a bit disappointing but we were pressed for time.