WL Blog #3

This week I got an email stating that I was chosen for an interview with PSC. Linda asked me for my resume and attached a few tax forms in the grand email. The interview is for 9.23.15 and I ‘m still working on my portfolio. After having made one, I decided to scratch it completely. It was not being consistent with the look of my resume which I felt very proud of. My resume was clean, with hints of red and used sanserif font all throughout. Its got a very elegant yet very playful and minimalistic approach to organizing information relevant to me. I had to take the same approach with my portfolio to truly exemplify these design choices and who I am as a whole. I decided to make my intro page of my portfolio the same bright red that is throughout my resume. I modified my logo as well to have a slant on the W and L so that one of the branches in the W is actually an extension of the L. I also gave different sections of my portfolio different pages.

The advertising section of my portfolio has an introductory page with the two campaigns I’ve included. One is a print ad for Paragon Sports. The other is part of a campaign for Fishs Eddy. Both stores are located in union square and both are extremely different. As a result both of these projects show my capacity to think on completely different ends of the spectrum to solve problems. The Fishs Eddy campaign is much more extensive since I had more of the material available to me, verses not having most of the Paragon campaign on me. The next section of my portfolio is Graphic Design. Here I showcase my freelance work which consists of two real world logos. The first is a logo for Sadek Photography which is a company my friend is starting. It uses camera aperture aesthetics to form SP, the initials of the company. The second logo here is Glonova Fabrics, which was to be used in a short film another friend of mine was producing. Finally, work that I have done for Meet the Pros was also featured in my portfolio. All I have to do now is add some final touches and decide how to display my Fishs Eddy campaign properly, and I’ll be ready for this interview.