Journal 8

Today, October 12 it’s my first day at WSM as a graphic intern. I woke up early to set up my goals for the day. First I have to be early at my internship to learn their work process. Second, I have to be at 5pm for an interview with Benjamin.

When I was on the elevator going to the 14th floor, I felt nervous at first. I always get this feeling when something new is presented in my life; notwithstanding this feeling is what motivated me in life, it also fills me with emotions and excitement. Soon I was meeting with Mey, She was Kindly say hi to me, and then she introduced me to all her coworkers one by one. The office has no dividing walls, so it was easy to say hi to everyone individually. I often have hard time learning people’s name for the first time I am meeting them. This time I wanted to remember their names as much as I could, but at the end I couldn’t remember any of their names. After I was introduced to everybody, Mey explained me the responsibilities and the assignments of the job. First she showed me how they keep organized all their files. They keep them is a server, where each photographer has their own folder and inside each folder there is a sub-folder name after their client and the current date. Second she gave me the password of their social media sites, to interact with their followers by uploading some of their work. My job at the moment was to check all their social medias and website to familiarizes with their work.

I left the office at 4:20pm, so I could have some time to go to the interview with Benjamin. I arrived minutes before the according time. I didn’t wait much for Benjamin; soon we were talking about how social media has become an important part of our lives. Later he asked me what was my best social media campaign that I have seen lately. I remember seeing this interesting Coca Cola campaign where they have place a soda vending machine in a college campus. However this wasn’t like any other soda dispenser, in order to open the soda bottle, they must first find another bottle to help it open. In fact the whole campaign was called Coca-Cola Friendly Twist. It was all about finding friends on their first day of school. Benjamin found it quite clever, as he hasn’t seen this campaign. After that, I asked some question about his company and later at he end of the meeting, I handed him my business card and thank him. When returning to my house I felt good and positive.