Journal 2

During my second week I took some time to fix my resume and set up my sample portfolio for a specific job description I was aiming for. I wanted to intern in a place that does editorial work. Therefore, in my digital portfolio I included couple of my magazine covers and layouts that I have done in the past. Once I finish this step, I showed it to some of my designer friends for feedback. I was able to obtain great information in how to improve my presentation; also they told me some good tips when sending my work through email.

I felt motivated and confident about my work; however, I have never applied for an intern job before. I felt somewhat lost when I was scanning the list of internship, professor Mason have provided me. A few days passed without looking at this sheet again, yet I knew that I have to act fast and take advantage for this opportunity.

One day at work, I meet an interesting guy whose mane was Christian and established an exiting conversation with him. As we were exchange Ideas he asked me what do I do. I confidently told him about my passion of becoming a graphic designer, and my aspiration I getting a job as an intern. We share common interest as he turns out to be an owner of a leather company where they design handmade bags. At the end of our conversation he asked for an email, because he knew some people who might be looking for interns. I gratefully hand him my business card, and said to him it was nice meeting you.