Yamile Bonifacio  

9/19/2017 

COMD4900 

A few weeks ago, I went to orientation for work study program that I was accepted to. During that orientation I was presented with a program called Public Service corps. I wasn’t aware that the Public service corps had graphic design opportunities however, I was scheduled for an interview so I went to find out.  

Throughout the interviewing process I was handed some options for graphic design opportunities available in the tristate area. I stumbled upon an opportunity to intern for Department of citywide administrative services which does work for the mayor’s office during press conferences and televised and non-televised appearances and projects and much more called City Graphics. Also, during the interviewing process I was told it was a paid position. Once I was accepted to Public service corps program I was offered an interview with the supervisor of the DCAS which was located downstairs in the building of public service corps.  

I was interview by the supervisor City Graphics, I was asked about my experiences so far, my courses I’ve taken and what I’ve learned at City Tech so far. I was also asked to display my portfolio on a huge projector board and present my work and explain each piece and their significance. The supervisor was so impressed, he was inspired to incorporate work from one of my pieces into one of the projects for the city. Long story short, I was hired on the spot and was told to start on Thursday the 22nd . 

Of course, I ended up feeling discouraged at first and having doubts about having an internship I was interested in, however, with hard work and dedication sometimes fate hands things to you at the right time. No good deed goes unnoticed.