Yamile Bonifacio

Topics in Graphic Design

Professor T.

What kind of graphic designer are you ?

When I first started graphic design I was new to New York city college of technology. I always knew I liked art and designing things since a young girl. However, I never knew how or if I should pursue a career in art. I remembered how Instead of buying things I would make my own. I also used to draw out things I observed and made them my own by changing something about it. And that’s when I knew I was going to go for it. There are different kinds of graphic design disciplines out there. However, I couldn’t really find one that I liked over the other. I felt I was good at many things from layouts to posters, to typography. But the one discipline I believe I am is Corporate communication In house believe I am corporate communication in house for many reasons. In corporate communications you make many different graphics for a specific company. The advantage to this is that the tasks vary depending on what they need which means the job will be different and not tedious and routine. Also, I am currently doing an internship at a community developmental corporation and I currently do different graphics for this corporation. I’ve always enjoyed creating different types of graphics and in a way having a certain style in a way that differs for this corporation and even at school when I change existing companies and finding a way to make it my own as shown below. I also like corporate communications because it involves in a way every aspect of what I learned throughout the years in a way that I can incorporate into my work. To conclude, I believe that is the type of graphic designer I am and I pray that I can become that in the future.

Assignment 1