On October 30 th, my internship class went on a field trip to the Cooper Hewitt museum. Although it was my second time visiting, Ive experienced different artworks and pieces that differed from my previous visit. First off what is the Cooper Hewitt museum? The Cooper Hewitt to me is a way to portray contemporary art from artist around the world to show their pieces and portray history through different pieces of art from furniture to posters. There were hundreds of pieces that were beautiful and impactful however there were a lot of exhibits along with artworks that were an impactful experience.

When you first arrive your handed a pen that lets you virtually save each piece you liked and access them whenever online. It also lets you create on a huge tablet table, hats, furniture and architectural designs of your own which i thought was really cool.

One of the many things that caught my attention was The Marilyn Monroe Monoprint from flavor paper. This artwork impacted me because not only was it beautiful to observe, it was done locally through silkscreen which made me appreciate doing designs by hand and not through technology on a computer screen. Throughout my educational career, a vast majority of artwork is done through adobe software on the computer, and sometimes we forget about design in other forms and also when they do see designs that were made without software, they lose the appreciation for it. However, this piece reminded me of how our hands make beautiful pieces and beautiful vivid designs don’t necessarily have to be made with software or digital only because the digital age is among us. 

Another piece that caught my attention was the 3D printed table. This impacted me in similar ways as the Marilyn Monroe monoprint, however in a different way. This table was indeed made through technology. But this was very impactful because its ludicrous to think about a printer making furniture and real life objects other than printing on a paper or a table thats not made with wood and nails or metal or  plastic parts. its the future amongst us in how things are made which was really mind blowing to see.

.

The immersion room was also a great experience because you could make your own wallpaper. in a way it was like making your own marilyn monroe monoprint and seeing it on the wall as if your designs were legit.

Last but not least the exhibit that also impacted me was the Kaboom sound exhibit. it was impactful because it was different. All the other exhibits in the museum did not have sound design. This exhibit had little knobs and bells for you to hit and play with that made it all sound based along with visual, this was different because it used 2 senses instead of one.