The webinar I watched was Alluring labels on paperspecs.com. The topic at hand was how digital printing can transform a brand.The speaker spoke upon  a myriad of designs he worked on and how they changed the complete branding, look and feel of the brand.

What I learned throughout the webinar was basically things I already learned from school. I learned that branding of a company is very important. It says a lot in a concise design. It must appeal to the consumer, it must target the specific audience it must make sense with the company and their missions and it must be consistent throughout the entire line.

The speaker was Richard Hatter a 18 year experienced creative director that graduated from  a community college in Virginia. Richard’s specialize in alcohol. He works in Hired-guns shop which  were focused on web design, however square space took over. He wanted to try branding and chose a winery called Terracota. They hand painted each individual bottle. They also did Enrico, Tugwell, Bonamici wine. This basically showed that little design shops can compete with high agencies on clientele. He showed how he worked on these companies and made them a brand. According to Businessdictionary.com, “The process involved in creating a unique name and image for a product in the consumers’ mind, mainly through advertising campaigns with a consistent theme. Branding aims to establish a significant and differentiated presence in the market that attracts and retains loyal customers.” This is significant because most branding is done digitally through commercials and web design however, how Richard touched on was that digital web designs are done by the company itself by the use of square space. Although I believe the designs of the company doing themselves and the designer who specializes specifically in design will not be the same or even half as good, it is an issue.

This proves how digital printing on bottles, promotional items such as apparel, packaging  such as the logo that speaks upon the brand or the print patterns and or typography that attracts the consumers to that specific brand as opposed to the other ones brands that sell the same thing.

for example puma is a company that specializes in sneakers mainly for soccer at one point. However, the brand was consistent and very well designed from the advertisements to the actual shoes itself that made puma consumers sky rocket as opposed to sketchers shoes.

Although, I already learned these tips in class, the webinar was very helpful in how it showed and spoke about how more in detail and gave life examples of how branding can have a great effect on a company.