Yamile Bonifacio

journal entry #10

internship

In this week at my internship at DCAS Mayor’s Office i’ve noticed my performance declining. Lately, my work has been decreasing and my boss and supervisors have noticed. Ive been discouraged lately after one of my concepts were shut down. A couple weeks prior I had a couple concepts for a veteran’s day event. I was extremely confident in my concepts and when I submitted it to my boss and the client. The next day my concepts were all shut down and they had another designer to create a design and they loved it. I took it personal and told myself that it was the same as getting critiques in class and its never personal and to shake it off. However, even though i felt like i got over it, My performance at work had been effected negatively. I had forgotten to submit work, to update the task tracker on Microsoft excel and it made me look sloppy in my opinion to not only of myself but my boss and coworkers. I feel like during that week I made myself look like the complete opposite of what i told them and showed them during the beginning months of the internship.