Journal 8

Here’s to Week 8, I ended up closing Market again and finished earlier this time. I only finished early due to the fact that they already had two cast members restock everything before they left and when it was my time to close it not many products had to get refilled. My coordinator that night only put me in Market and had other cast members help out so I can leave on time since I had a morning shift the next day. My coordinator was also very helpful in putting away some products in dry storage and getting the alcoholic drinks from the refrigerators backstage as well for me.

I had one magical moment for myself with this mom and her daughter when I was at the register one busy night. I was just talking to the mother about the parks eta and then while saying “Goodnight have a magical night”, her daughter came to the side of where I was standing and gave me the tightest hug she can and said “Thank you, goodnight!” When this little girl gave me that warm hearted hug, it made my night feel way better and I didn’t even care as much how busy it was getting.

This week was the first time I picked up a three hour shift before class; 8:00am-11:00am, it was challenging due to me getting lack of sleep and feeling tired in class. Overall, it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would’ve been. Looking forward to next week!

1 Response to Journal 8

1. You manager seemed to be able to anticipate the needs of the shift closing and used time in a productive manner. That takes experience and leadership.