Journal #1

I completed my first week of my college program…I’m still adjusting and taking in all this information but Orlando, Florida is nice.

I’ve never been to Walt Disney World but during training we went on a tour of Magic Kingdom (or Fantasy Land depending on which group you were in).

My biggest accomplishment so far was gaining my ears, name-tag and understanding how to use these many buses.

As far as set-backs… I’m still figuring out if I can register for a second class and this requires patience. Like getting used to living with roommates. I live with roommates back home but I had my own room.

Yesterday was my first day of training at Disney University: A photo of Disney University building

I know for sure that I want to network as much as I can. I start work on Fridays…here’s to my second week. This program is definitely going to be what I make it.

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to Journal #1

1. Jason Y. says:

Hey Dez, hope everything is not too overwhelming!
    If you are taking classes required for school the learning center cast member will point you to where you need to go. They prioritize students taking classes for school so generally you will always get in. If you can’t I would take the opportunity to work different roles and or just networking and enjoying the experience.
    Like what Joe previously mentioned, Disney takes their rules very seriously, so always keep in mind to protect yourself first.
    I look forward to your posts and your experience!

2. You must take two classes. There was a survey that was sent to all CPs asking if they needed to take a second class. If you do not have two classes email me immediately.