Weekly Journal #7

Week 7 has has been pretty good to me! I was only scheduled to work 4 days this week so I had some time off to finally do some laundry and clean up the house. I didn’t have any training at work this week. Luckily, I did not have a runner shift… I’m kinda nervous do that by myself, but I know with time and practice I will be good at it!

This week I was mainly a front desk agent. Because of the hurricane coming down south, a lot of guests fled their homes to seek refuge. We have been at 100% occupancy this entire week! It was difficult listening to some of my guest stories.  I can only imagine what some of them are going through during this difficult time.  I hope their stay with us will keep their minds off of what is going on at home.  It’s been quite busy Pop because of the hurricane, which at least makes the time go by quickly!

Marinated Chicken

Marinated Chicken

Creamy Spinach and Artichoke Dip

Creamy Spinach and Artichoke Dip

Spice-Crusted Verlasso Salmon

Spice-Crusted Verlasso Salmon

Since I had so much time off, I went to Epcot’s International Food & Wine Festival and finally tried some of their delicous food offerings. I first went to the “Active Eats” stand and tried the Spice-Crusted Verlasso Salmon. The salmon was paired with a warm lentil power salad, crushed avocado, and sherry vinegar. The next food item I tried was the Creamy Spinach and Artichoke Dip from “The Almond Orchards”. The dip had pulled chicken and toasted diamond almonds. It was paired with Nut Thin Crackers. The last food item I tried was the Marinated Chicken from the “Thailand” stand. There was a peanut sauce drizzled on top of the chicken and was paired with stir-fried vegetables. Although it is not on the Food & Wine Festival list, I had to stop the Germany Pavilion to pickup one of my favorite drinks, a Grapefruit Beer.  It is so light and refreshing. Everything was so delicious !!! I can’t wait for my next adventure at the Food & Wine Festival to try more new foods! Overall, week 7 was a breeze. Looking forward to next week!

Grapefruit Beer from Germany

Grapefruit Beer from Germany

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.