Networking (Read and React 3)

“After hearing the good news, that first rush of elation and excitement might be followed by a surge of trepidation (hcareers.com).”

I thought this article was also engaging. Reading about the two types of extremes managers can be put in felt relatable (although I have no interest in being a manager or returning to Disney/All Star). I liked how the article mentions that finding a balance between these two extremes and advanced planning can go a long way with becoming a successful manager.

I’ve had opportunities to network and did take the initiative but I also have not networked as much as I would have liked to (so far). I remember signing up with Disney housing and giving them my email address for networking help. All Star Movies also had an event for all CPs, but I had to work during the time it was held. I’m not sure if they’ll have another one but I can ask.

I have observed how things flow at work and noticed how leaders/coordinators act with guest flow, complaints, compliments and delegating CPs. As far as shadowing and engaging in managerial tasks, only thing I’ve done is help stock when everyone else was in their food shops tending to guests… It’s fun and I like stocking and helping out wherever I can. And actually at my job, two cast members I’ve seen and worked with did get promoted to leader positions. I’m guessing they have intentions of staying with the company. Interestingly enough I was told by the proprietor that I’m the second aspiring flight attendant he’s met. I saw him write down my name and flight attendant next to it during a meeting we had weeks ago but I’m still not sure what he planned on doing with that.

This entry was posted in Read and React 3. Bookmark the permalink.