Maisha Price (Cover Letter)

Maisha Price

1500 Jay Street, Apt. #1A

Brooklyn, NY 11203

(347) 555-5555

February 26, 2015

NYU Langone Medical Center

The Employment Office

560 First Avenue, Box# 251

New York, NY 10016

RE: Job ID: 1022794_RR00001941

To Whom It May Concern,

I am responding to the announcement of the professional vacancy for Clinical Analyst/Data Manager.  The requirements of the position are relevant to my knowledge and skills and therefore I have enclosed my resume for your review.

I am seeking an organization that is driven to excellence and promotes professional development and growth based on an employee’s performance, dedication, and work ethnic.  I have found that upward mobility is exercised within NYU Langone Medical Center and I am excited at the chance to partake in the career opportunities that your facility has to offer.

As I am certain that I would be an asset to your organization.  I anxiously await the opportunity for an interview.  I may be reached at the phone number listed above to further discuss my qualifications.

Sincerely

Maisha Price

Financial Analyst/TH Staff Assistant II

SL1

MP

3 thoughts on “Maisha Price (Cover Letter)

1. Maisha Price Post author

http://www.NYULMC.org.
    We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Clinical Analyst/Data Manager. To qualify you must have a Bachelor’s degree in clinical informatics, information management, biostatistics, epidemiology, public health, health care administration, or similar field and experience with RDBMS and SQL plus familiarity with clinical information, including diagnostic coding and clinical databases. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and producing, on a regular basis, standard reports about NYULMC clinical quality and safety performance; designing and conducting analyses pertaining to quality and safety of clinical care at NYULMC, using a variety of clinical and non-clinical data sources; collaborating with others within and without the Department of Clinical Quality and Effectiveness to design and construct clinical quality performance measures and electronic databases for custom recurrent and one-time data collection efforts, including custom research data requests; designing and conducting regular and thorough assessments of data quality; working with NYULMC Information Technology staff and others to facilitate automation of standard, recurrent data acquisition, management, analysis, and reporting, including development of a clinical data warehouse; serving as quality performance measurement and data management and analysis consultant for appropriate custom performance measurement and research projects throughout NYULMC; plus all related job duties as assigned. Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
    Experience with clinical research and knowledge of dimensional modeling is preferred.

2. KomronZ

Hi Maisha,
    1) Reverse engineering job posting.
    Clinical Analyst/Data Manager must be requiring problem solving skills as well as organizational skills
    2) in my understanding Cover letter was close to job ad but did cover some aspects of job requirements such as technological experience with RDBMS, SQL,and diagnostic coding and clinical paper work.
    3) In my opinion cover letter make Maisha good applicant for position in NYULMC
    4) i think applicant missed some technical aspects of job requirements, but overall cover letter presents applicant well fit to this job description.

3. Katherine Pena

BEFORE READING
    The job ad is in search for a Clinical Analyst/Data Manager at a hospital.
    AFTER READING JOB LISTING
    I believe the resume was professionally written, shows the applicant has a positive attitude and most importantly is looking to grow with the position. It shows she’s ready to handle problems and perform to the best of her ability. However, I believe that a couple of points were missing such as your specific background and how it applies to the job. For example, what your degree major is and what you specialize in (finance, public health,etc). It will also help to mention previous job responsibilities that may make you qualified for this position.

Does the letter make the person applying seem like a good applicant; an unappealing applicant; or an outstanding applicant?
    So far this letter makes the applicant look good, but it lacks explanation of background.

Explain why and how you made the judgment in #3. If the applicant was not an outstanding candidate, explain what you think the author needs to do to get into a higher pile.
    See above ^

Is the letter free of spelling, mechanical, and grammar errors? Let the author know about the errors you see.
    The author’s cover letter is well written and free of spelling and grammatical errors.