Aaron McIntosh, Josh Rojas, Maisha Price
, Peter Junot
1) Lack of advanced, competitive technology; engineering, communications, machinery.
– A larger budget, and highly trained professors are needed to foster innovative technological growth within the school.
2) Shortage of academic support; student advisors and staff along with creating more partnerships with businesses to produce internship programs for students. – We need to network with more businesses in order to provide them with more opportunities upon graduation.
3) More lab hours are needed. Also, labs are typically old and outdated.
– We need to extend lab hours to satisfy the needs of students who need more practical hands-on time. Also the equipment needs to be replaced with new and modern resources.
4) The Cunyfirst website is very convoluted and difficult to use, particularly for new users.
-Redesign Cunyfirst website. Make it more streamlined and user-friendly.
5) The school could use a greater push towards providing a more expanded entertainment/performing arts curriculum.
-We need to bring in trained professors to teach the curriculum, and also invest in expanded facilities.
*In order to advance the quality of the school as a whole, we need to apply for grants and greater funding to accommodate any applicable new curriculums and upgrades.
Group Name: Connect 4
Group Members: Melissa Bonnick, Timothy Colon, William Hargett, Ajani Treadwell
Problem: Not enough night and weekend classes for degrees
Solutions: More online courses
Fundraising to hire more adjunct and night / weekend teachers
Allow online override approvals to take another class when the one you need is not available
Problem: Better wifi / internet connection. The connection is very hard to complete and then the connection itself is spotty at best.
Solution: Change service.
Get wifi company to sponsor the school / offer free easily connectable wifi
Utilize something similar to Starbucks wifi, where you just login in proximity to the buildings, no need to download software
Problem: Computer Lab Hours. Not late enough. Does not have hours that allow for everyone to use computers when they are free
Solution: Allow equipment rentals so people do not need to come to the school to use computers
Extend computer hours to midnight, get staff to work in the labs at night (work-study students)
Problem: Too much free time between classes
Solution: Class schedules closer together, less of a gap between classes
Add additional classes, to be able to take in between other courses.
Offer block classes so you don’t have to register for all classes separately, but rather an entire module.
Problem: Nutritional snacks in the vending machine
Solution: Add additional vending machines that only have nutritional or microwable healthy snacks
Add a juice bar to the cafeteria
Jessie Uruchima , Teresa Yeung, Wenyu Kuang
- There are confusion between old students and new students in New Communication Design Dept.
- Not enough advisors for students
- Not enough options for classes/professor
- Not enough computer equipments in the Engineering Dept.
- There aren’t any specific place for clubs gathering.
- Have some sort system to separate the old students and new students
- Hire more caring faculties for advisement
- Hire more Knowledge field experts
- Purchase more infrastructural equipments for the Engineering Dept.
- Have clubs to register in a system and provide them with a place for gather inside the buildings
NAMES: JANET ZARES, YEKATERINA ELTERMAN, SARABJIT SINGH, KURTIS WALLACE.
COLOR PRINTER- Charge X amount of cents for color printing for students that do not get access outside of school or who work in open labs on their projects.
PARKING LOT- One of the biggest struggles here is a parking lot. Many students drive but do not drive to school because of parking reasons. A parking lot for only student access would be great. If not near the school at least in the 2-4 block radius. Students arrive late due to the horrible MTA service which effects their education and academic record.
BATHROOMS- Bathrooms are an essential part of any human life which is why the importance of it is at times under evaluated. But issues of cleanliness, graffiti and even soap and paper towels can tell you as a lot about the climate of a school as the strength of its academic program and number of extracurricular activities. All of our bathroom are outdated they lack automatic soap dispensaries or automatic flushes. Many times while using the bathrooms we are found with litter on the floor, missing/ no lock stall doors, graffiti-laden walls and empty soap and toilet-paper dispensers, many school restrooms violate the very ideals that learning institution are trying to instill in their students: citizenship and respect. For these reasons, it is vital that something be done with respect of good hygiene overall.
Safety concerns aren’t the only reason some students are reluctant to use the school restrooms. It’s also because many of the restrooms are downright dirty.
Updated Library- The library is very outdated. Granted we can find many of the text on the internet there aren’t enough labs in this school for the amount of students that attend. The law section of the library is outdated and there isn’t enough of the journals for the department to do their work as I’m sure is true for other departments. Updating the library and adding computer labs would make life as a student at NYCCT a lot easier.
MUSIC/LANGUAGE COURSES- Music makes a person more well-rounded. It can also create a happier environment for the students. An addition of language classes would make our school more diverse. People who know two or more languages have greater job opportunities.