Lensky: Project Proposal, Unit 3

What I hope to teach my audience is what Martin Luther King stood by and how you should never give up on your dreams, continuing chasing even if times get hard. The audience that i am trying to reach are the people who don’t believe in change. I am going to read articles from magazines and take technique notes about the articles.

The quote from my unit 2 research that inspired me the most was,King believed that nonviolent resistance worked best in democratic nations, where there is freedom of speech, freedom of the press, and freedom of assembly.”  This quote inspired me because it shows me that violence doesn’t need to be used for everything to change. The source i got my quote from: KNIGHT, TIMOTHY A., and RUFUS BURROW JR. “Martin Luther King Jr.’s Doctrine of Nonviolence and South Africa.” Western Journal of Black Studies,

1. Anonymous

My partner’s genre is magazines. His audience will be the people who don’t believe in change. It’s the right audience because he can show them that chasing your dreams pays off in the future. He can help people who need a push and influence them to work hard. He can also help persuade others to follow their dreams and don’t let anything get to them. The quote he used was basically saying that you don’t need violence to create change and getting a message across. I agree with this quote. Violence isn’t the answer for anything. Believing in yourself will create changes. Lensky did a really good job.

2. Jennifer Sears

Lensky, this research is of interest to so many people right now. I know you are interested in writing for a magazine and possibly a sports article. You might read how sports magazines you already read are tackling issues of race and social justice and think about how your research about Dr. King and related matters might tie in with what has already been published. Let me know if you have further questions!