Livewell – Session 1

For my first session, I was able to go through each survey fully and receive back the stage I was in. For exercise, I am in pre-contemplation, which means I need to come up with a weekly workout routine from now on. Primarily, I would like to focus on strength training but no gyms in my area supply the free weights necessary to deadlift, squat or bench press. Therefore, I will be doing body weight exercises instead at home such as push ups, pull ups and work on my core strength. A workout routine is nothing without a good diet. Being that I am in the preparation stage for healthy eating I will be get rid of soda and juice in exchange for drinking more water, tea and coffee. Food will stay consistent and boil down to one carb, protein and fat per meal. This can consist of rice with beans alongside chicken breast or fish and a piece of avocado while cooking with coconut or olive oil for an added source of healthy fat.  Finally, for stress management, I am in the maintenance stage. For the most part, I have tried my best to be even keel when it comes to work, school and life in general. I try to only focus on the things I can control. I have also been eager to try out meditation and possibly yoga in the future to be more present in the moment, and increase my happiness and self-esteem.