Active Minds

What I found most interesting about Active Minds is that its an organization for college students to help each other out and be there to empower one another while on stressful times or with a mental disorder. I think this is a great way to help because some people feel embarrassed by there situation and feel outcast  by it, and it should not be that way. I just started learning about  a disorder myself and it is because my sister was diagnosed with Anxiety. I try to help with what I can and try to understand but this organization could really benefit my sister in a way she could meet other people that have Anxiety and could learn ideas to cope with it. I also found interesting how Active Minds started on the basis of someone committing suicide because of not having the right mechanisms to cope with the disorder.

2 responses to “Active Minds

1. I am so glad that a non profit organization like Active Minds was created. There must be a lot of students in need of help who simply remain quiet mainly so that they do not appear different to anyone else. It’s so sad when a tragedy like suicide is means of a solution for them because they feel alone or have no one to turn to. Speaking with people who understand and at best listen is a great way for them to communicate. I am sure there are many students with not just mental disorders who need help or just want to be heard but are afraid. Social Media is very popular these days especially among students. That is a great way to openly share a helping hand and to let students suffering with disorders know that there are people willing to help and support.

2. Kiara im really glad also that I discovered this website because even that I’m not diagnosed with anxiety by a physician, I think I am because when I’m stress i start eating a lot and also eating my nails so this website is very informative. I go to work, school, and a 18 year old at college too, so its creating a lot of anxiety on me so I will open this website more often.