Active Minds

After reading this article and viewing the video, I believe that the discussion of mental health should be brought to the attention of middle schools students Ā throughout college. Hopefully mental health can become a new curriculumĀ Ā in theĀ  public school system across America. Ā I also like the fact thatĀ mental health Ā does not discriminate against race, creed, color , origin, nationality or religious belief.Ā Another reason why I thinkĀ  the movement of active minds will continue to prosper in all their endeavors is becauseĀ  in the video you wereĀ able to see Ā students from different universities discussing the same challenges that they are trying to cope with and find an Ā answer.Ā I believeĀ this is amazing.

One response to “Active Minds

1. What Iā€™ve Learned:

It is was interesting to read that mental illness begins to develop throughout our college years, resulting in about 1,100 students suicides per year. What wasn’t so surprising however was that Mental illness begins to appear because of factors such as stress from juggling school, work, and social life. From personal experience, I can see why mental illness can appear in some people. Itā€™s important to note that many college students become independent for the first time as well and itā€™s difficult to adapt to a new environment without proper guidance. So through all of these problems I learned how Active Minds is able to lend a hand by providing awareness throughout college campuses and help students discuss their issues and know that they’re not alone.

How I Feel About Being Apart Of The Organization:

How I feel about being a part of the organisation I honestly canā€™t say at the moment. It’s ok to say you’re a part of something but without taking action I donā€™t feel like I’m contributing to a cause. In the future possibly if I can commit to taking action within the program that would make me feel like Iā€™m making a difference and impacting someone in a positive light.