Learn about: Changing material costs for 2020 and how this volatility impacts projects. 15 minute video webinar.
Access free content (with sign in): here
Summary: Construction cost changes are inevitable. In fact, from 2019 to 2020, 34% of construction costs have changed by more than +/- 5%. This cost volatility is enormous for the people who plan, finance, build and maintain the facilities and infrastructure communities depend on. It’s vital these professionals understand how and why construction costs have changed over the last year.
Watch this on demand webinar to hear two of the minds behind Gordian’s RSMeans data discuss how the costs of steel, concrete and wood will change in 2020. They’ll also discuss why construction costs change, a few additions to RSMeans data for 2020 and more!
Research company ahead of time: https://www.ostroffelectric.com/
Applications to: See contact information below.
Job posting: Ostroff Electrical Contractors is looking for a highly organized junior estimator/ project manager responsible for analyzing project plans and specifications to determine the overall estimated cost of a project; skilled at both quantity take-off and conceptual estimating with mandatory experience in architectural & electrical work experience.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Reviewing project drawings and specifications, CAD (Working knowledge of adobe and excel)
- Prepare complete takeoff.
- Work with chief estimator to create detailed cost estimate based on project scope.
- Develop the scope of work for sub-contractors.
- Help the chief estimator to optimize job costs by negotiating prices with vendors/sub-contractors through quotations for material/services.
- Interface with Owners, Superintendents and construction foremen to provide engineering and cost data for project scope and change order preparation. Attend walk-through and meetings where needed.
- Maintain file of working documents as back-up for estimating database, including current information on prices from suppliers through direct contact, sales brochures, price lists, etc
- Must be a team player with a can do attitude and can relate well to others
- AutoCAD Drafting ability/ knowledge
Ostroff Electrical Contractors Inc.
102-15 159th Road, Howard Beach, NY, 11414
OFFICE (718) 323-5200 Ext 108