Research company ahead of time: https://www.ostroffelectric.com/
Applications to: See contact information below.
Job posting: Ostroff Electrical Contractors is looking for a highly organized junior estimator/ project manager responsible for analyzing project plans and specifications to determine the overall estimated cost of a project; skilled at both quantity take-off and conceptual estimating with mandatory experience in architectural & electrical work experience.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Reviewing project drawings and specifications, CAD (Working knowledge of adobe and excel)
- Prepare complete takeoff.
- Work with chief estimator to create detailed cost estimate based on project scope.
- Develop the scope of work for sub-contractors.
- Help the chief estimator to optimize job costs by negotiating prices with vendors/sub-contractors through quotations for material/services.
- Interface with Owners, Superintendents and construction foremen to provide engineering and cost data for project scope and change order preparation. Attend walk-through and meetings where needed.
- Maintain file of working documents as back-up for estimating database, including current information on prices from suppliers through direct contact, sales brochures, price lists, etc
- Must be a team player with a can do attitude and can relate well to others
- AutoCAD Drafting ability/ knowledge