James Madison High School

james_madison3787 Bedford Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11229

James Madison (1751-1836) was a founding father of the United States and the fourth American president. He was advocate for strong federal government and known for drafting U.S. Constitution and United States Bill Of Rights. James Madison High School is a learning institution that embodies his philosophy: “Education is the true foundation of civil liberty”.I am very proud to attend that high school. This is an excellent high school that has been improving through the years. The faculty is very supportive of their students. The school offers many elective honor classes, which aid in transferring to good colleges. I attended this high school and only have good memories, especially with my U.S. history teachers.

2 thoughts on “James Madison High School

1. Marie albans

I went to James
    Madison high school from 1956 to 1959. I have wonderful memories of James Madison h s. I enjoyed very much my time there. I lived only a short bus ride away at east 35th street and Fillmore ave. Those were some of the best days of my life, Marie Albans, cipriano

2. amy cohen

Everyday I walked through the door (1975-8) I saw the engraving overhead. I thought about the statement as a kid and now see its absolute brilliance. I had so many good times and remember many of my teachers fondly:)