Our Places: How We Commemorate

active 9 months, 1 week ago
Our Places: How We Commemorate
This Project is OPEN.
School / Office
Professional Studies
Law and Paralegal Studies
Project Description

This project features the photographs and writing of students in LAW 2301 Estates, Trusts and Wills, showing the varied ways that the inhabitants of New York City and elsewhere commemorate decedents.

Acknowledgements

This project was created by: Mary Sue Donsky

Rock Stars We Commemorate - San Francisco, CA

n JAMES MARSHALL "JIMI" HENDRIX, American rock guitarist Born:  November 27, […] See MoreRock Stars We Commemorate - San Francisco, CA

John Paul Jones Park

The picture that I took was at John Paul Jones Park, which is located at 101st Street, Shore […] See MoreJohn Paul Jones Park

"The Beatles Bench"

During my trip over the spring break to my home country, Kazakhstan, I had a chance to visit a […] See More"The Beatles Bench"

Comment on "Our Places: How We Commemorate in Yonkers, NY"

Thanks for the information you shared about Places To Take Your Wife To In <a […] See MoreComment on "Our Places: How We Commemorate in Yonkers, NY"

Comment on "James Madison High School"

Everyday I walked through the door (1975-8) I saw the engraving overhead. I thought about the […] See MoreComment on "James Madison High School"

Comment on "West 77th Street, Manhattan aka “Miles Davis Way”"

The late great Miles was a true legend not only in jazz but in great music. So it is only […] See MoreComment on "West 77th Street, Manhattan aka “Miles Davis Way”"

Abraham Lincoln Memorial by Mahendra Francis

This is a picture of Abraham Lincoln in which I took at Washington D.C. Lincoln was the 16th president of the United States of America. In 1861, he issued the emancipation Proclamation that ended slavery. During his presidency, there was […] See MoreAbraham Lincoln Memorial by Mahendra Francis

Abraham Lincoln Memorial By: Mahendra Francis

This is a picture of Abraham Lincoln in which I took at Washington D.C. Lincoln was the 16th president of the United States of America. In 1861, he issued the emancipation Proclamation that ended slavery. During his presidency, there was a great See MoreAbraham Lincoln Memorial By: Mahendra Francis

Assignment

As you walk around your places – where you live, work, go to school or visit –pay attention to how decedents have been commemorated in your locales.  Notice the many ways that we pay tribute to the deceased and take photographs of examples of how See MoreAssignment