RAB Proposal – Gentian Dumani (Updated)

My research question is: How has the Covid-19 pandemic contributed to learning loss in students all over America. I chose this topic because it is something that I have had a lot of trouble overcoming when I was attending  highschool. With the sudden switch to remote learning it created many conflicts. The first change I noticed was that class time was shortened drastically. Most of my in person classes were around an hour and now that I was online I only had roughly thirty minutes of class. I also noticed how the majority of my classes had around ten to fifteen students when each class averaged around thirty. Teachers have very little control over students; they can’t keep track of who is actually paying attention and not just dozing off. It really made me ask myself, is anyone even learning anything? I want to learn more about the lasting effects this virus had not just to me but to other students around the United States.

5 thoughts on “RAB Proposal – Gentian Dumani (Updated)”

1. That’s interesting. I can admit that I’m kind 50/50 with how I feel about online learning. I enjoy it cause I get to stay in the safety and comfort of my own home, but I also kinda miss the classroom because of the environment in a sense. I like the “togetherness” I felt when in a classroom. I can’t wait to see how you develop this further.

2. I can relate to this because I was someone who was not prepared for the remote learning since I didn’t have a computer at the time and everyone else in my household had to share the one computer we did have. This made it hard for me to keep up in classes and I lost motivation during that time.

3. Gentian:

Please go into the SECRET PANEL to the left of the Assignment Unit TWO and you will see LOTS LOTS of source leads. These are articles gathered from past semesters. There is a huge section on Education. YOU NEED TO NARROW DOWN YOUR TOPIC and focus your RQ. ALSO YOUR SOURCE MUST BE NYT sources.

How has the pandemic affected student learning loss? How has the pandemic affected student learning loss due to remote learning? But what ever you decide it must be much more refined, more focused, more specific.

YOur proposal at the first part is ok, but at the bottom aprt you start to fan out into other topics.You cannot tag on and take on mental health. I see you do that at the end. YOU MUST HAVE ONE FOCUS.

4. Gentian: Go to the SECRET PANEL “Research Source Leads” on the left side of Assignemnt Unit 2 on the Assignments Page. I have a lot of NYT sources that might help you narrow down your RQ wording and might also BE sources for your research. Scroll down to Topic: Education. These are some of the titles from the Education section.

Children are Severely Behind in Reading (NYT)

The Education Lost to the Pandemic (NYT The Daily Podcast — good source)

The Pandemic Hurt These Students the MOst  (NYT)

Addressung the impace of covid on students (CBS video)

A School Year Like No Other: Class of 2021

The Impact of Covid on High School Students

8 Ways the Pandemic May Effect Students in the Future (EdWeek)