RAB Proposal Paragraph-Sangay.

My research question is How has the pandemic affected Asian American women’s fear of being attacked?

This topic interests me because I am Asian and a woman. It just saddens me to find that the most vulnerable Asians are getting most attacked on. I am concerned about the possibility of my family getting racist attack. Mentally, It is negatively affecting me and all of my family members because apparently there are still a lot of anti-Asian hate crimes in America. I already know that racism has existed for a long time and it is not something new.  However, sadly, as Coronavirus spread through U.S, hate crimes against Asians started spiking as well, specially women. Some points that I plan to explore and find out more about are: As the Asian hate crime is still on the rise, Why most of the victim are women? What exactly is behind the rise in Asian women hate crime? Why is it happening in America?

3 thoughts on “RAB Proposal Paragraph-Sangay.”

1. Sangay I agree with your topics due to my mother being in the healthcare field as well. Although she did not lose her job she had caught covid twice and was extremely sick for a while which messed up her sense of smell and taste. After a while she regained it but the experience traumatized her because of it being so severe. Also the hospital implemented that they had to wear hazmat suits to avoid a breakout which trapped heat so they she was suffering on the inside. Overall covid messed up a lot of things for her.

2. Sangay:

I had a thought for you.
    Why don’t you research how Asian WOMEN feel about being attacked? There is SO much on this topic now in the news. Women are feeling afraid after recent attacks just targeted on them as women. This way you would be doing a new and different topic than the one I did. It would be more exciting I think to do a topic that is more current. After all we have been dealing with Asian hate since the pandemic started 2 years ago. Who would have thought that now Asian women are being targeted just because they are women. Why does that happen?

POssible RQ: How has the pandemic affected Asian AMerican women’s fear of being attacked?

Just the other day I saw this news clip on CNN News.
    https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2022/03/29/asian-american-women-fear-racist-violence-harassment-pkg-nr-vpx.cnn

And remember the horrific attack on the Asian women killed at spa in Georgia?
    https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/03/17/us/shooting-atlanta-acworth

And more recently this:

Here an interview with a woman Asian activist politician

Here an Op -ed piece:
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/18/us/racism-sexism-atlanta-spa-shooting.html ( OP ED PIECE from NYT)

Read an d think about this new idea for a more focused RQ related to Anti-Asian Violence as a result of the pandemic.

I will post all these articles on the SECRET PANEL Research Source Leads under Assignment 2.