ENG1101OL10, Eng Comp, SP2022

active 4 days, 17 hours ago
ENG1101OL10, Eng Comp, SP2022
This Course Profile is PRIVATE, but the Course Site is OPEN to all visitors.
English
ENG1101
Spring 2022

English 1101 is a writing- intensive course designed to strengthen your composition skills. Writing a variety of essays, in addition to a research paper, will help you develop skills such as building an argument, adopting your writing for different needs and situations, interpreting and responding to a text, incorporating secondary source material effectively, and mastering the mechanics of quoting, citing, and documenting sources. The poems, short stories, essays, and newspaper articles we will read together are focused on New York City and urban issues. We will be reading pieces both for their inherent literary value and also as models of composition that you may employ in your writing assignments. Reflecting on your own experiences alongside these texts will ensure active discussion regarding communities, public space, urban art forms, education, class, race, gender, crime, gentrification, and other topics of debate.

Progress Report-Sangay Dolma

For my assignment, I have collected few main points. My conclusion draft is almost complete. I am […] See MoreProgress Report-Sangay Dolma

Genre Project Progress Report –Rehana Parvin

Good thing I revised and finished my mentor text analysis. I still have to work on my RAB and […] See MoreGenre Project Progress Report –Rehana Parvin

Genre Project Progress Report – Richard G. Bordes

I’ve finished finalizing my outline and starting the beginning of my letter. I’ve also found a p […] See MoreGenre Project Progress Report – Richard G. Bordes

Just make sure that your comic story line/plot/events/characters are inspired by the knowledge […] See More

Travis: Make sure that your op-ed integrates smoothly. Remember this is really one essay. So […] See More

Rehana: For a letter, it's the writing and the words that are going to be important. Probably […] See More