RAB Proposal Paragraph-Rehana Parvin

My research question is: How has the CV pandemic affected students who were transitioning from high school to college? This topic interests me because it was hard for me to do online classes, especially for college and reaching adulthood in the pandemic. Ever since the pandemic started in 2020, I was still seventeen, turning 18 during the lockdown, and I had to deal with getting a job, a bank account, and signing up for classes and staying with my family was kind of hard too because we would always get into fights ever since the lockdown started. Usually when I’m at school in person, we don’t get into arguments that much but 2020 was the worst for me. I couldn’t be able to say goodbye to my friends in person, I missed graduation and most of all I was really looking forward to prom. I already know that kids and teachers at schools and even public transportation are required to wear a mask even if they are vaccinated, which sucks! And I also know that there are people who are claustrophobic and can’t really stay home that too long. Some points that I plan to explore and find out more about are the cure for CV, will there be a permanent cure for CV and when will we be able to stop wearing masks.

Link: https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health/healthy-americans-can-stop-wearing-masks-in-areas-with-low-covid-19-impact

3 thoughts on “RAB Proposal Paragraph-Rehana Parvin”

1. I went through this same struggle which put me in such a deep depression that took me so long to pull out. These things become so much harder when you aren’t taught these important responsibilities in the school or even by your parents. I still struggle with my responsibilities, these things would be the easiest thing to do compared to how our parents maintain their responsibilities. I’m sorry you had to deal with all that responsibility at a young age. Wow, I missed my prom as well and I will never forget how upset I was when I first found out about us not being able to attend prom for my last year in high school.

2. Rehana — We talked yesterday and I hope you have now a better idea of what you want to do and that you have a RQ that is now more focused. Yes?

I had a couple ideas for you from reading your proposal above> You might want to do a RQ like:

How has the pandemic affected students in the class of high school 2020?
    How has the pandemic affected students who were transitioning from high school to college?
    How has the pandemic affected the mental health of teeens?

Here are two NYT sources I found for you: