Writing Task Resilience-Maimoona

I have faced a lot of hardships during the pandemic. For example junior and senior year of high school was remote, not having a proper graduation or any other senior activity. School was hard I had hard time adjusting to online school because there are more distractions, can be challenging, you can face technical difficulties due to that you can miss the important points in the lesson. I was bored all the time and I was depressed because of the amount of home works teachers were giving in short amount of time. And then I lost my grandmother. And the worst thing that happened to me in the pandemic was losing my dad. He was diagnosed with Coovid.

It took a very long time to cope with this loss. I was not able to do school work and it was my last semester in high school. So one day I sat and emailed my teachers and counselor and they were kind enough to accept my missing home works and I passed the classes. I think what really helped me cope with my dads loss was spending a lot of time with family, talked a lot about it, I expressed my emotions, and I gave my self time to process. It took me 4-5 months to process it but I did and moved on.

2 thoughts on “Writing Task Resilience-Maimoona”

1. I am so sorry for your loss, I can’t imagine how painful that must be. I’m glad you gave yourself time to grieve and to process everything. I hope you do well this semester !

2. Maimoona: I am so sorry to hear your story of losing your father and your grandmother. My heart goes out to you.

One thing I want you to work on is to focus one paragraph on ONE thing. In your first paragraph, you start with Topic Sentence: I have faced a lot of hardships during the pandemic.

The writing task asks you to focus on ONE thing that was hard for you. I think you could start by focusing on the personal loss you faced. So Paragraph One would be better if you started: The hardest thing I faced in the pandemic was the loss of my father and grandmother and then give details or description of that hardship (what you are comfortable with sharing).

Then Par. TWo could have focused on ONE coping strategy for dealing with your loss: talking with family members helped me deal with my loss. Then give details or explain about talking with family.