David Antwi

One of the most difficult things that really made me struggle during the pandemic was my health. Since middle school I was always scared of being overweight. So, it was almost like a plan to always keep up with my health and exercise almost every day to prevent that. But when Covid became a factor, everything just shut down. In a matter of the first two months, I have increased my weight to a very unhealthy status. I started to panic and around the third month I started to research of ways to keep up with health at home. This moment was very difficult for me because I always felt secure in my body but around that time, I was very insecure. This is a time that I will never ever want to go back and experience again.

One coping strategy that I developed to increase my resilience is learning how to adapt with the most miniscule resources around my home and improve them into impactful tools. I started to use simple house appliances such as my tv and my carpet. I used my TV to update my knowledge on ways to exercise at home and how to do them. I used my carpet in replace of a yoga mat for stretching. I started to learn that these simple house materials are more than what they are. Since then, I have been able to adapt in applying them to my life since then. Till this day, I still wake up and Strech with my carpet and follow videos of health influencers on my TV to stay healthy. Well obviously, now we have the chance to go to gyms and more, but these are things that are applied in my life forever.

2 thoughts on “David Antwi”

1. Hey David, I’m glad that you were able to overcome this difficulty that you want through and also to find a creative alternative way of exercising and staying healthy, also being able to remain on a routine to keep your healthy body of yours.

2. Very good. Many people gained weight in the pandemic. Your description of feeling secure or not secure with your body makes me feel your pain. Good details. ALso good with your coping strategy of learning to exercise with just about anything in the house!

PLEASE CORRECT YOUR TITLE! I KEEP REPEATING THIS REMINDER!

SUper important to read instructions carefully.