Industry Leader/Organization Profile
15% of total grade
Identify three organizations you would like to work for.
Make a list of the companies.
What are three attributes of the company that make you anticipate the company as an organization you would like to work for.
What supporting information can you provide to support your choices?
You have recently been hired by _____ [choose an organization in the field you wish to start your career].
As part of the orientation process you are asked to write an essay explaining what you know about the company. The essay will also include your personal career goals.
Role and Audience
The essay is to be written as if the department head of your desired work location will be reading it.
Follow APA Standards including but not limited to:
- Title page
- Proper page numbers, spacing and font
- Reference page
- Minimum of ~325 words, ~375 words preferred
- Submit a rough draft, reviewed by a writing tutor, to the back of the final submission.
- Inclusion of three (3) reliable/academic sources with reference page
- Proofread and free of typos and grammatical errors
- Effective sentence structure
- Inclusion of proper industry terminology and the impact the chosen company has had on the hospitality industry
- Thoughtful and coherent communication of your personal career goals
Criteria for Assessment
See information literacy rubrics
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this assignment, students will be able to:
- Discuss the scope of the hospitality and tourism industry through written business communication
- Gather information from observation in regard to the hospitality and tourism industries from a local, national and international perspective and his/her role within the industry
- Understand and discuss the roles and responsibilities of key executives and department heads in the hospitality and tourism industries and their impact on trends in the industry
- Describe key management functions using professional terms and communication standards