HMGT 4989-Culinary Tourism-Spring 2016

active 8 years ago
HMGT 4989-Culinary Tourism-Spring 2016
Hospitality Management
HMGT 4989
Spring 2016

With New York City as a world food culture laboratory, students will explore the concept of culinary tourism and its economic impact on the tourism industry. Students will create, market and conduct their own NYC culinary walking tour. Students will co-create the Hospitality Management Department’s NYC Culinary Guide to Restaurants and Food Shops on Open Lab.

Acknowledgements

This course was created by: Michael Krondl

View the course(s) that this course is based on. This course has been cloned or re-cloned 4 times; view clone(s).

Flour Bakery's Famous Sticky buns

I know that for this section we are supposed to post interesting foods that we have never tried […] See MoreFlour Bakery's Famous Sticky buns

Uni

Last year, Uni was very popular and many chefs in New York City had it in their menu. I even […] See MoreUni

Duck Beijing street crepes

This is how savory crepes should be full of flavor, good amount of filling and satisfying. i  was […] See MoreDuck Beijing street crepes

Comment on "MOFAD"

I thought that the Museum of Food and Drink was an interesting field trip. First, because I […] See MoreComment on "MOFAD"

Comment on "Team 2"

Map tour https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sodIN3PFjD98v0g1ru-Hc83tY9E&usp=sharing See MoreComment on "Team 2"

Comment on "Jackson Heights"

I had been told multiple times that Jackson Heights is one of the best food destinations for […] See MoreComment on "Jackson Heights"

Culinary Tourism: First Field Trip

The first field trip we took was to Sunset Park in Brooklyn. It was my first time hearing and checking out Industry City. It reminded me of a mini version of Chelsea Market in Manhattan. We visited a couples of venues in the building. We […] See MoreCulinary Tourism: First Field Trip