Hi everyone! So, for our Zoom meeting on Aug 5, please do the following by 6 pm on August 4. Please note I prefer not to post the Zoom link publicly, so please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you need the zoom link:
- Read Day One Readings (RESOURCES: INSTITUTE MATERIALS: SUMMER INSTITUTE REQUIRED READINGS)
- Watch THIS video of me talking you through the intro to the curriculum. Link to the pictured slideshow is HERE
- Write a blog post on this site in which you:
- Introduce yourself! Who are you, what is your teaching experience, how do you feel about teaching online?
- Tell us one thing you do in the first weeks of online class to create a sense of engagement and community. If you have not taught online, please let us know something that has worked for you in F2F classes
- Respond to the following questions from Kerry Dirk (approx 300 words): What is a genre of writing you know well? What are the rules of that genre? How did you learn them?
You will need to be signed in to the FYW PD site to post!
I will send you information about the model site ASAP.