free write; procrastination

since the begging of covid, i have struggled a lot with procrastination. at the begining, my school made google class rooms, and the teachers would just post the work and what to do and when it was due. to be honest, i had a pretty good schedule during that time. i would make up around 11am or 12pm, do nothing for an hour, go check google classroom and do work for an hour or two. and since it was april/may the new animal crossing had just come out. so i would take a break from that 1-2 hours of work to play animal crossing. just soley animal crossing and nothing else up until june. and then after that 1-2 hours of animal crossing, if i had more work i would do the rest. all my work would be done typically by 5pm and that made me feel good about myself. i had heard from others from school that some people were handing stuff in at like 3 am… thats crazy to me. i would be sleeping. after that, senior year rolled around and we had a half and half. one day one half of the alphabet would go into school and the other half would be online, and the next day the oppisite. that lasted up until febuary of 2021. since i was at the end of the alphabet, most of my good friends were at the beggining, and that did not treat me well. during the beggining of the year i made myself go in my dinning room and sit through the google meets. but since it got cold out, i would just stay in bed. that was not a wise choice for me. i barley payed attention and when they would give us work, it would be a hassle mentally to do it or even start it. i mean yeah i had the oppourtunity to cheat on basically everything, that was the only good thing about that. thats the only reason i had good grades that year… after february, the alphabet merged and everyone was together! i was with my friends! i was going in everyday and had more motivation to do the work. because i was in a classroom, and i had someone practically forcing me to do the work, i would do it and do it my best. now, some of my classes are online. it could be worse. but i do notice myself procrastinating my online work. like i know i have an assesment due tonight at 11:59pm that i have not done yet…