It was my first day of classes at Le Moyne College in Syracuse. I was excited because I just moved to Syracuse from Oswego, NY. It felt like a fresh start. I walked into my English class and took a seat in the back. The entire class was very quiet and nobody was interacting with each other. My professor Mr. McCain seemed very friendly and welcoming. He was making jokes, and trying to get everyone to loosen up. As I sat in my class, listening to the professor talk about the syllabus I realized that I was one of the very few colored people in the class. I was not surprised because Le Moyne College was a white-dominant school. However, compared to my previous college in Oswego, NY I felt less like a minority at Le Moyne. The professors, school staff, and faculty were very warm and supporting people. But at the end of the day, when you walk into the cafeteria for example, and see all the colored people sitting in one corner away from the rest of the students you still feel like an outsider. As I sat through class, I felt the need to suppress my identity and who I am because I was afraid that I will be treated differently based on my background. By the end of the semester, however,