In middle school, I found that most of my teachers were very helpful when it came to improving my academics. Funny enough I was recently cleaning out my closet and found one of my old report cards from my last year. Although I no longer speak to anyone from my middle schools, most of the people I had met there were really supportive people and I felt as though we were a really close group. One of my favorite teachers was my art teacher. He was the person to spark my interest in drawing and painting, even to this day I like to doodle from time to time. Another teacher that I remember from my middle school was my math teacher because, despite me thinking that my math ability was only average, she would always mention to me that I was one of her best students and that she was confused why I wasn’t in a more advanced math class.

Bunn, Mike. “How to Read Like A Writer.” Writing Spaces: Readings on Writing, Volume 2

The article was mainly explaining how, we as readers, can elevate out understanding of the authors words by analyzing the context surrounding the author.  The first few pages revolved around defining what it means to “read like a writer”, how it differs from reading for the sake of understanding, and why should we begin to read like writer in the first place. Afterwards the author continues by explaining the mindset behind reading like a writer by stating the types of questions one should ask before and during the reading process in order to distinguish the authors approach on the topic at hand. Finally the author closes out by demonstrating the entire process of reading like a writer.