English Composition II

week 11

Demystifying the Threat of Technological Advancement

Evie Althkefati

English 1121 O450

04/12/2022

In this paper, the audience will be other scholars because the topic is one that has been mentioned before in other papers, but to an extent, it is likely to be controversial. Therefore, the paper will promote further research in the area. The main point of research is finding out whether technology presents a threat to the lives of individuals in future, considering that technology will progress beyond its current condition. At the moment, examples of negative arguments against technology are that it has replaced human jobs and it has made people lazy by reducing their need to go out and interact with the environment. However, counteractive arguments are that technology has created new jobs different from the ones it seemed to replace.

Also, with technological advancement, there are machines that help individuals remain fit without needing to go out. Therefore, the issue that the research will address is on whether the arguments being put across about the negative implications of technology are true or whether there is counterargument that proves technology is good, and people do not need to worry about technological advancements that take place in future.  The genre of the research will be on technological advancement as it presents a favorable study considering the fears that arise with the idea of technological advancement. The resources of the research will be from authentic sources that will be searched online, including journals and authentic websites. From the research, I will lean on whether there are provisions being made to help counter the perceived negative implications of technology.

1. Rouba

I really like your main point, and I’m actually interested in knowing more about the impacts of technological development in the future. I’ve also seen multiple arguments stating how negative technology will be on human lives in the future, I personally agree and disagree at the same time. I’m looking forward to seeing what your project will include about that.

2. Prof. Edelson

Evie,
    Technology is a fascinating area of study. Your thesis, I believe, is that you will explore “whether technology presents a threat to the lives of individuals in future, considering that technology will progress beyond its current condition” and I can’t imagine a more relevant or important lens on the issue. Thank you so much. I look forward to reading your work.
    Sincerely,
    Prof. Edelson