OFFICE HOURS: I am here for you and I want to help. Please let me!
If you have not come to office hours for awhile, you need to attend this week. I will be giving out grades, answering questions about the Unit 3 project, and responding to questions like “How am I doing?” “Can I still hand this in?” and the like.
In the spirit of having high attendance, I will offer office hours at 6PM on Tuesday, 12PM (noon) on Wednesday, and 9AM on Thursday. If you cannot make any of those times, please tell me in an email what day/time you can attend, and I will see if I can set something up for you.
Remember these sessions do not last long, but they can really help.
Join Zoom Meeting
If you don’t know what you made on a paper, you can go to the post and find a reply and a grade. If you don’t see one, you need to let me know. A couple of my replies and grades were not there after I posted them so I want to make sure you are all getting feedback. For the final project, you will need these responses to rewrite and rework your Unit projects for the final portfolio.
HW Day One:
WRITE a proposal of at least 200 words (not including schedule) for your Unit 3 project. This proposal should include:
- Your audience
- Your main point (has this changed from your Unit 2 main point?)
- The genre of your Unit 3 project– and why this is the best genre to reach your audience?
- A plan– what do you need to work with this new technology? What will you need to learn? Where will you find these resources?
- A schedule. You will have four homework nights to finish this project (due week 15 day 1). Only ONE of these days (Week 13 Day Two) am I giving you homework. The rest of the time, you need to organize your time. Please write out a schedule for completing this project. Do you need to research the technology? Draw? Do more interviews? Etc…
- All proposals must be approved by me!
HW Day Two: You schedule your own goals for what you’d like to accomplish over Spring Break. Remember that these projects are often quite time consuming, so make sure you set a achievable and reasonable goal.
The schedule should be posted in the same document with your proposal. So for this week, there will be only one post from you.