Jacquelyn Blain | T-Th 11:30-12:45 | SP20221

Introduction: Alliance Sutzie

Hello, my name is Sutzie Alliance, I’m 18 years old currently living in Brooklyn with my mother. I’m from Haiti but I came to the US around 4 years ago, it took me around 5 to 6 months to learn English, at first I felt embarrassed not being able to speak and understand others but now I’m a trilingual and I have an obsession with learning new languages. I spent four years in high school before graduating and getting accepted into college. I’m a freshman taking courses online during my second semester at this school and as of right now I’m interested in the nursing program. I have a love and hate relationship with remote school since as an introvert the idea of staying home most of the time is a dream come true but I’d still rather attend school in person but because of the current pandemic we are told to stay home in order to reduce the spread of the virus. Personally these past few months haven’t been too boring with the help of my favorite tv shows, anime and music, my favorite genre of music is R&B/Korean r&b. I speak 3 languages, creole, French and English but I would also love to learn Spanish, Korean and Japanese in order to better understand the music I listen to and not having to read a translated book or watch my favorite foreign movies and shows with subtitles or in dub.

1. Jacquelyn Blain

Wow! Trilingual! I think you’ll find quite a few people in NYC speak several languages, which I think is wonderful. And just between us, I wanted to be a translater when I was much younger (good for us introverts). But nursing is such an important career… so many choices!!!