Writing here and there and everywhere

Jamilet Martinez

Hi, My name is “Jamilet”Martinez. There are many words I have to describe my feelings about the course and overall my first semester but there is one in particular which is curious. I choose curiosity because online learning is pretty overwhelming to be honest. One concern is whether or not I can understand my professors’ teaching methods. Trying to figure out the professors teaching methods like whether it is a live online meeting or assigning work and learning from the textbook. 

The picture I chose has a very special meaning to me. I chose this because I have a twin sister. We are not identical but we always do everything together since we were little such as the same school,same friends, however for the next four year we separated from each other due that now we are going to different colleges. I am attending City Tech and she is attending York but I know she will support me no matter what and I will have her back.

My name is “Jamilet”. My name comes from the name “Yamilet”. My mom choosed my name. She thought of “Yamilet” she loved the meaning and changed the Y to a J for the uniqueness. When people hear “Jamilet” they think of “Yamilet”and it’s okay because my name is based on the name. However I hate when people mess around with my name like breaking it down because it has two small words in it. “Jamilet” is such a beautiful name and matches my personality. “Has many things going for her, captivating smile that makes you want to smile too. A very loyal friend and partner, trusts fully, honest, sweet, and caring”.I wouldn’t want to change my name at all because for me it shows that people are taking my identity away and I am  just accepting it.

1. Jacquelyn Blain

Oh that’s a lovely name! Great meaning to it. I don’t blame you for getting annoyed when people mess it up — I probably will, too, but absolutely correct me if I do!

I love Thing 1 and Thing 2. Such a wonderful book, and such a great personal connection to it. I bet you and your sister have a really special relationship — every set of twins I’ve ever met work in a whole different universe than the rest of us! 🙂

And I’m glad you chose “curious” as your word. That’s a great mind-set to start this journey with! Feel free to ask me all the questions you want…